Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Adobe Photoshop Elements--can't open file?

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements. I scanned in my lineart two days ago and have been working on it ever since. It was saved with the psd exstension (as a Photoshop image), and I could open and close the file just fine.



But then, last night, there was a thunderstorm. I saved my file, and before I could close out of the program, we lost electricity and the computer turned off.



Today, when I tried to open the file, I got this error message:



''Could not open ''[file name]'' because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop.''



And I've been able to open this file in the past, and all of my other files have the same file extension and they can be opened too.



Also, when I go over the thumbnail of my file, there's a black rectangular bar running down the right side of the thumbnail--something that wasn't there before.



So what can I do so I can open my file again? I've been working on this image for the past few days and don't want to start over.



Adobe Photoshop Elements--can't open file?stinger



Ok, here's how to do it. on the desktop, click on WMP. (on the upper right hand corner). This should pull down a menu. Choose, fast mode option. this should make your computer blank for a few seconds while it's rebooting by itself. do not panic. it will restart by itself. you may loose some important document, such as your word or some pictures, but these can be later restored from your recycle bin. If you have an apple, then skip the hard drive option. otherwise, click on the yellow button on the hard drive, to open the diskette. you don't have to put anything in, but this just ensures that the mothership is working properly.



the last step is to enjoy your music!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment