Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Problems with Photoshop Elements 5.0.2?

I'm using Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0.2 with Windows Vista. Often, when I'm editing my drawings, the program will lock up on me. When I move the mouse pointer over the drop-down menus at the top, they flicker oddly, and I can't select any commands. I can't close my open files, or save what I've done from my latest command. When I try to close anything, I get the Windows ''error'' tone.



The only thing to do at this point is open Task Manager, and tell it to end Photoshop. I have to do this a couple of times to get it to close Photoshop, and I get the pop-up window stating ''This program is not responding''



Has anyone else had this problem with Photoshop, and is there an upgrade or patch for it? Failing that, how about a big hammer?



Problems with Photoshop Elements 5.0.2?norton antivirus 2007



I have this program, but Ihave never encountered this problem with Photoshop 5.0.2. However - I also have installed a program very similar called Corel Paint Shop Pro, which I did have the same problem you have described. After many different attempts to remedy this (none of which worked) I finally uninstalled the program, rebooted, then reinstalled the program. Bingo - problem solved and I have not had it happen again after almost 3 months and constant use.



Problems with Photoshop Elements 5.0.2?product key



What can I say? You asked and I told you what worked for me. Uninstall then reinstall. Try it, I bet it works for you. Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment