Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Photoshop CS3 on Laptop Problems?

I just recently bought a new laptop. Part of the reason for getting a new one was so that it could run Photoshop CS3. (My old one would just crash with a ''Adobe Photoshop has caused a problem and had to close'' message). When I attempt to run it, it starts fine. But when I open an image, it shuts down with a dialog box (copied directly with Ctrl+C):



[Window Title]



Microsoft Windows



[Main Instruction]



Adobe Photoshop CS3 has stopped working



[Content]



A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.



[Close program]



Which seems to be the default Vista ''This program has caused a problem'' dialog box. The same problem I had on my old laptop. Photoshop works fine on my desktop. Any idea what is causing the problem and/or how to fix it?



Specs:



Vista Home Premium



Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz



3GB DDR2 RAM



250GB hard drive



Photoshop Extended CS3 (Part of Master Collection CS3)



Thanks for your help.



Photoshop CS3 on Laptop Problems?antivirus protection



Did you restart your laptop after you installed? It usually asks you to do so.



Otherwise, you might want to just do and uninstall and reinstall.

No comments:

Post a Comment