Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Photoshop CS2 is stretching my images on my new widescreen monitor?

I have just purchased a new pc and am running photoshop cs2. I have upgraded to a widescreen monitor and have noticed that photoshop stretches the image so it looks far from correct and almost unworkable. I have subsequently found out that in photoshop if you go to Image/Pixel Aspect Ratio and change to D1.DV/NTSC 0:9 then this improves the look. Is there a way of making this default now I have a new screen...or am i doing something totally wrong.....My monitor is set to 1280x1024, but I am not sure if this is right, any clues hw to check?



Photoshop CS2 is stretching my images on my new widescreen monitor?norton internet security 2008



Assuming your new monitor is an LCD flat screen you want to set it to the default resolution. This will be sharpest and best image quality. Using anything else will look crummy or distorted.



With any monitor, your settings of 1280x1024 do not seem to correspond to a widescreen aspect ratio, so I would definitely look at changing that first.



Get your instruction manual out, or find the default resolution for your monitor and set that.



Photoshop will not distort images unless you edit your images to do that. I have a 17'' laptop widescreen, and a 15'' laptop widescreen with 2nd 20'' widescreen and all display images in Photoshop correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment