Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Adobe Photoshop won't allow me to create new files?

A few months after I installed Adobe Photoshop 7.0 on my laptop (running Windows XP), it stopped letting me create new files. When I choose File -%26gt; New, the program freezes completely and I cannot even close without going End Task. I tried uninstalling, then re-installing. I even got a different copy of Photoshop from a friend of mine, but the same thing happened after I installed it. I assume there must be something wrong with my computer, but I cannot figure out what and why it would only affect Adobe Photoshop. Any help would be appreciated.



Adobe Photoshop won't allow me to create new files?virus removal



This could be a case of a corrupted preference file, which could be retained on the computer even after un/reinstalling the program.



To delete the preference file, which will be automatically recreated after you start up Photoshop, hold down Control+Alt+Shift just after you click to start Photoshop. You will be asked if you want to delete the preference settings and just say yes.



If this doesn't fix the issue then you can delete the actual preference file. The instructions of this are at http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/31...



The file name will be Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Prefs.psp.

No comments:

Post a Comment