Friday, August 20, 2010

Is photoshop elements 5 a good program for an amateur artist?

I'm just getting started with scanning my drawings and uploading them on my computer. and i'm wondering if photoshop 5 is a good program to make digital art, you know like coloring my pictures on my computer. if this isnt a good program, should i switch to a newer version of photoshop? pleeeassee say no becuase photoshop elements 5 is the most that i can afford... =]



Is photoshop elements 5 a good program for an amateur artist?antivirus



I am a graphic designer: It depends on what your art is like. Once scanning your pic you can always use different filters to make your art look somewhat digital, but if you are planning on only tracing your work and filing with color to make it look digital, I'd recomment the Illustrator program instead. If you are going to create new work Illustrator and Photoshop Elements 5 would work very well together. Photoshop is good for editing photos or layouts, but for making your scanned art digital-that may be more difficult. (If you want to make a photo black and white or with a purple tint, Photoshop Elements is perfect)



Is photoshop elements 5 a good program for an amateur artist?computer



I have been doing web and graphic design on a professional level for 9 years. I charge $25 dollars per hours and I use a combination of two programs, Elements and also PAINT SHOP PRO which is an awesome program, and all of use industry insiders give it a nod. Between the two programs I can literally do anything I have ever imagined. Dont forget you can find free trial versions online. have fun!!
From what I've tried, I think it would be good. I have the two, and it really doesn't have anything. I think as long as the program isn't ridiculously complicated you'll be fine when you start experimenting.
probrobly...yeah
Photoshop elements will provide most of the features that you will probably need such as filters and effects. It doesn't have as many options as the regular version of Photoshop but it can get the job done.



If you are interested in working with digital art you may want to check out Scribus:



http://www.scribus.net/



It's a free desktop publishing program. Scribus is not the most fun software to install but once you get past that step you'll see it's actually worth the free price tag.
ya thats great
my sister just got that thing and she loves it! I wish I could afford it.
No, Photoshop elements 5 ROCKS!



=] *Star*
I would go with Macromedia Fireworks. It's very easy to use plus it has many good features.

No comments:

Post a Comment