Monday, August 16, 2010

Photoshop and 100% cpu?

Whenever I do something in Photoshop which involves holding and dragging an object, for at least 3 or more seconds, like using the healing tool, changing the position of groups, etc., my cpu will spike up to 100% cpu.



This is a fresh install of Windows(less than 2 weeks old) and last I checked, the hard disk was okay(no seek errors). My cpu is a AMD64 Athlon 3000+, my memory: 1gb(dual 512 mb sticks) and my graphics card is an ATI 9600 pro.



Photoshop is allocated with 326 mb ram and the scratch disk is on an external hard disk. Font previews are disabled and Export Clipboard is disabled too. History state is set to ''1000'' because I tend to rely on it a lot.



Any comments or is this just normal Photoshop behaviour?



Thank you for reading! :)



Photoshop and 100% cpu?malware



Most image editing software is resource intensive. If you have no other open programs then it seems normal that Photoshop would get 100% of whatever is available. I tend to use GIMP or paint.NET (both free) and if that's all I'm using my CPU goes to 100% (with XP Pro.)



If you've got more than one program running you can also set priorities to these programs so that more resources are given to the one you鈥檙e working on. Right click an entry from the processes tab, choose Set Priority, and then select the importance of that particular process.



http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Windows...



wwbgd

No comments:

Post a Comment