Wednesday, August 18, 2010

GIMP compared to Photoshop?

How does GIMP match up to Photoshop? What functions does Photoshop have that GIMP doesn't and/or vice versa? I really only want such a software to make signatures and avatars for forum-based websites. Since photoshop is obscenely expensive, I was thinking of downloading GIMP. Is it safe/legal? If I do download it, will I be able to make signatures/avatars using the same instructions that I might find on a Photoshop tutorial for the same thing? Thank you! ^u^



GIMP compared to Photoshop?software



GIMP is perfectly safe, and entirely suitable for that type of work. The differences in functionality don't really come into play for producing simple graphics like that.



You should be able to adapt most tutorials to use under GIMP, but the interfaces do have differences.



Personally, I find GIMP to be rather easier to use, and I often use it even though I have Photoshop installed.



GIMP compared to Photoshop?vincent



never heard of gimp so it musn't be as good.. photoshop has more types of brush styles and effects that you could use to get the affect that your are looking for.
GIMP is an open source program under the GNU license, so it's legal to download, decompile, and modify. If your mod is a good one then you must submit it to GNU. GIMP has an add-on program that makes it act more like Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment