Friday, August 20, 2010

Adobe Photoshop Elements on a MacBook (Mark 1 Intel Core-Duo,2gb RAM)?

I have a MacBook and recently loaded Aperture workflow application, but want to set up a complete photo editing, manipulation, creative system using Photoshop. I believe Elements will give me all I need, but note that v4 is the state of the art for Macs, against v6 for PCs. Also, I understand that Photoshop doesn't run 'natively' but using something called Rosetta. This is a bit surprising as I've always believed that Macs were the device of choice for the creative world, but it seems to be a bit behind the game regarding Photoshop.



1. Am I right in the above understanding(s)?



2. Does anyone know when Adobe are likely to upgrade the application to the next release level (v5 or even v6)?



3. Does anyone know whether a future release will run natively on the Intel macBook?



Adobe Photoshop Elements on a MacBook (Mark 1 Intel Core-Duo,2gb RAM)?auto protect



Adobe dropped off the pace for a while with Apple and only just came back on board about the time Apple transitioned to Intel hense the v4 for Mac and v6 for Windows



Rosetta is the emaulattion layer required as I don't think Adobe has gotten Photoshop to run natively on Intel Macs although that shouldn't affect its performance.



Photoshop Elements is probably ok although Photoshop is what the Pros use although it is more geared towards manipulation and montageing where as Aperture is designed solely as a darkroom colour correction, adjustment, viewing tool from what I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment